Firstly happy saturday to you all, and today I’m going to give you a sweet treat to serve after your imminent barbecue or to nibble on yourself gradually, doing away with the whole thing without realising it. Its your cake so its your choice after all, either way its refreshing, sweet and a tint bit naughty.
First off you’ll need the following:
A cake tin
1 box of soft scoop vanilla ice cream, melted
1 pack of oaty biscuits
150g melted butter
Clear honey to drizzle
100g of finely chopped strawberries
Mint leaf to finish.
1) Crush the biscuits in a bowl until your left with a rough powder (the odd chink doesn’t matter) and add the butter.
2) Mix well until bonded and the butter is evenly spread, roll around the bowl leaving no crumbs behind!
3) Spread the mixture onto the base of a greased cake tin and press down. Making sure it is even and tightly packed. Chill for 20 minutes.
4) Remove from fridge and add a swirl of honey on top of the base. Scatter the strawberries (sort of) evenly.
5) Cover with the melted ice cream to the top of the tin and freeze (make sure its even or it will freeze at an angle!) for 3 hours.
7) Remove from freezer 4-5 minutes before serving, cut into triangles and serve with a single mint leaf, a slice of warm brioche and a small drizzle of honey. Winner.